On Tuesday, September 29th, I attended the live presentation by Waterside and NCH on the revised proposal for the ALF and new Urgent Care Facility on Marco Island. The project includes approval for an assisted living & memory care facility, state-of-the-art urgent care clinic, and public park on the property at the corner of San Marco Rd and Heathwood Dr.
The revised proposal is currently being reviewed by the City of Marco Island staff to ensure that it complies with all of the rules and regulations associated with a project of this scope. If it passes muster it will then move to the Planning Board and finally to the City Council for ultimate consideration.
Here is a link to the project website: https://marcoislandcares.com/
Here is a quick overview of key points associated with the project:
Assisted Living Facility
- Smaller footprint (10 acres compared to the original 12).
- Lower height that matches the neighboring Villas at Waterside Condominium (Three stories, zoning height of 35 ft plus 1 ft to comply with new FEMA regulations).
- Fewer than Half of the Original Units ( 86 Units divided between assisted living and memory care).
- Fewer than Half the Beds (92 beds; six units will be companion suites to accommodate spouses).
Proposed Urgent Care Clinic
- Building replaces existing clinic (new infrastructure, technology, efficient flow).
- Two stories (same height as existing Medical Building on the site).
- State-of-the-art facility (replaces outdated facility to deliver better care).
- More space ( 25,000 total square feet).
Free Public Waterfront Promenade and Park
- 1.87 acres.
- Development team will improve the property to deliver a finished park.
- Donated to the City of Marco Island at project’s opening.
- Maintained by Watermark for five years post-construction.
Please check out their website and drop me a line if you have any questions about this proposed project.